Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hit the ground running and don't stop!

Friday saw me in London helping host a stand at the 'Early Years Exhibition' a good day but a little quieter than expected. Most of the people attending were Students and our target was Nursery Managers!
We were duly entertained by a man on a stall opposite selling so called 'Educational' toys. He spent the whole day chatting up ladies and swinging some kind of wrinkled tube around his head making it emit a strange whirring sound. He was such a ladies man, you know the type, middle aged, paunchy and very flirty in a leery kind of way. Don't you just love 'em girls!
I told my colleagues that I really thought this poor bloke thought his 'toy' was an extension of his manhood! Anyway these things were flying of the stand at £2 a piece so he was obviously a good salesman. (No I did NOT buy one)

My boss told me the really good news that there had been a bit of a cock up over the caterer booked to do our Bristol workshop on Sunday! In so much as it had not been booked at all! So Saturday saw me flying around Tesco's catering for 25 people, a really great way of spending the afternoon! Mind you I like a challenge and this was certainly a good one. The food was Ok and everybody ate it all, and seemed to enjoy it, so that was OK.

We went to a concert on Saturday night at The Spa Threatre in Leamington, I sat for several hours on the most uncomfortable seats I have ever endured in a theatre. No wonder the place was only half full. The show was brilliant though, 'The Kings of Swing' we had front row seats so we could look straight up the vocalists noses :-( . There were Three vocalists with a rat pack theme going on, lots of banter and comedy and a fabulous orchestra. A Female vocalist came on periodically but she was a bit weak unfortunately.

One of the vocalist (Frank Sinatra look alike) was uncannily like my Father in his youth. I truly could not keep my eyes off of him. He even had the same twinkly blue eyes, the main difference being my dear lovely Dad could not sing a single note in tune. This guy sung 'I've got you under my skin' and I was singing it in my head all night even when I wanted to go to sleep. The funny thing was it was one of my Dad's favourite songs and he used to wail it to my Mum!

I had a very inspirational day doing my 'Leaps and Bounds' session in a Nursey school I visit once a week. I was coaching Three year olds to execute a forward roll from standing straddle, they were just brilliant. It has taken since Easter to get to this stage but they really trust me now and just adore the sessions we do. We used a Lita board to roll down ( a slope). I like to think I am doing my tiny bit to avoid childhood obesity!
I also introduced the concept of relay games (not allowed to call them races, don't even ask!! P.C gone mad) They were great, we got in a bit of a muddle the first time with kids running back to the wrong team or going for another turn instead of passing the ball to the next person. It was tremendous fun with lots of laughing and shouting. It really helps that I have two really enthusiastic Nursery staff to help me in the group, they are great fun and join in with humour and a great sense of fun as well. Real diamonds in a Nursery World.
A couple of days off now. BJ has plans for me at the weekend it involves a couple of ton of manure that has been delivered to our allotment, shovelling sh.. is what a I will be doing Saturday, any-one know a good rain dance!!!

No comments: