Monday, October 17, 2005

New Language invented!

My Husband not only has a wonderful technique for telling jokes but also has his own language! I was invited to 'Stretchulate my pedulators' the other day, I agreed to go for a walk with him. This new phrase has turned out to be a useful addition to the household, I can now announce that I am about to 'pedulate the puppy' without the dog immediately turning into a whirling dervish that always comes with the sentence with 'dog' and 'walk' in it.
Bj also rarely has a 'bath' but instead goes to 'spodulate' I know, don't ask!

This week has seen me do at least two 14 hour days, so I am quite tired today. I had to go to Esher on Thursday to do a technical visit, make sure all was running well and according to the programme. It was a real pleasure to see such a well run centre with enthusiastic staff and a committed franchised. I do realize that every-one is on their best behavior when I arrive and sit in the corner note book in hand observing, but I can now spot what happens regularly and what they have changed for the day in my honour!
The problem with this visit was that at one time on the M25 I took exactly one hour to travel the great distance of one mile! This luckily did not make me late in arriving as I had added on one extra hour to my estimated journey time.

Sunday and Myself and boss had to travel back to the same area of London to host another workshop (M25 running well). Another 5.45 alarm clock setting (anything with a 5 in it is totally wrong for a Sunday morning)
The workshop, I felt was a great success and went really well. A few really awkward customers who really don't want to embrace anything new and are totally negative but on the whole most of them were really great who felt they got a lot out of the day.
My pet hate is negativity! I hate the phrase from franchise's and there employees 'I am not trying that it won't work' I feel like saying to them, of course it won't work you have already decided it won't. Instead I try to convince them that as a team they have to work together support each other and give it a good try over at least a whole term, then tell us it does not work!
Most of these lack lustre people are the ones asking for help as the business is not doing as well as they want, they want a magic spell to get it back on track, but please no we don't want to actually change the way we work.

If you do what you always do, you will get what you have always got! So there!
M25 not so kind on the way home, M1 a no go area so had to come around M40 not so convenient for me as my car was at bosses house in Northampton, finally arrived home at 7pm to a really wonderful meal that BJ had cooked.

We went to see Pride and Prejudice on Saturday night, what a real treat of a film it was. Fabulous! The lighting was beautiful the scenery out of this world and the acting inspired. Brenda Blethyn was just great in her part of Mrs Bennett. Keira Knightly has looks to die for, no wonder the men adore her. I was not sure I liked Matthew Macfadyen as Darcy though. I felt he warmed to the part as the film went on. However I am a Colin Firth devotee!
Think maybe it is time to read the original book again.

I read this week a news report that Katie Holmes latest squeeze of Tom Cruise, has to give birth in complete silence and with no pain relief! This according to the rules of her newly found faith of Scientology. What is that all about. Giving birth is not called labour for nothing, I suggest she should sream, slap and bite her way through it with all the drugs modern medicine can provide! I know I did. Twice.

Well I am feeling the need of a little 'pedulation' I am trying to do 1000 steps on the days I am not sitting on the M25 I am doing really well with it and exceededthat amount on four days last week. The dog will soon look like a fluffy whippet! I live in hope that this owner will look just the same as her dog. In fact that will be a whippet with a permanent bad hair day!

2 comments:

iamahatter9 said...

I wouldn't die for Keira Knighlty but I certainly wouldn't mind lying down for (with) her!!

rach said...

I loved Mr Bennett in that version of the film. What a fab dad!!