Friday, October 21, 2005

You Are what You Eat

I have always whole heartedly agreed with this statement, if not always carrying it out for my own health. Although I do try most of the time.

Today I discovered that this is true of my funny little dog as well. True to the title of this blog I feed the pup on a good quality brand of food known in our household as 'Jimmy well Lovely,' although on the packet it is called 'James Wellbeloved!' I was fast running out of this excellent dinner favored by Ta-shi and as it is only available from pet shops I decided to try him on another brand from the supermarket.

I looked at and dismissed many options, I don't like a whole lot of processed additives so I won't feed the dog on it. I eventually settled on a brand hailing itself as 100% natural with chicken, rice and 15 different health giving herbs! Aha! This sounded great and it was a little cheaper than the 'Jimmy's'. I set off home to feed the pooch, I was sensible enough to give him one third new food mixed in with the old stuff, increasing it little by little so as not to upset my lad's tummy. All was well, until I got him onto 2/3rds new food and a little old food, then the trouble began.....

I don't know what the 15 herbs are in the recipe, but.... I have one wired dog on my hands! He tore about the house like a maniac this morning, dogs blankets, cat beds turned out and blankets frantically dragged around the house. He ran up the stairs, down the stairs, around the garden about 100 times. All the toys he possesses took a trip around the house one by one, as for the poor cats I may never see them again! He teased, yapped and chased them both until one begged to be allowed into a bedroom away from the manic furball terrorizing her, The other took her usual refuge on top of the freezer until the furry hurricane had run its course.


I eventually got him out for a walk, where he bounced along the road as high as a Kite, we played ball, chased ducks, raced a border collie and won! He was so HAPPY I might have some of his food for lunch!

I am off to the petshop this afternoon to buy a large stock of 'Jimmy Well Lovely'

No comments: