Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Strictly Latin

I am Sooooo…. excited! We kind of reluctantly went to the Gym tonight, both of us were tired. I had spent the day running a training course, which was a full on, non-stop 9.30 to 5pm job. I felt a bit hyper by the time I got home, talking all day being on my toes to answer strange questions and generally being Mrs Nice to all and sundry.

We were very good and went anyway on the proviso that we would only spend an hour up there. I was aware that the dance/fitness studio was being used for some kind of filming; Barry thought they were filming a dance video. Curious I set myself up on a machine with a good view. I suddenly realised I was watching Lillia Koppolova, the British/European Latin dance Champion rehearsing with Dominic Littlewood for this weeks ‘Strictly Ballroom’ programme. What a treat, it was unbelievable, I am still buzzing with excitement! I struggled at first to see what they were dancing as I could not hear the music, at one time I thought it was the Cha cha as they did the ‘Turkish Towel’ move which we incorporate in our routine but as they moved on I realised it was the Pasa Dobla. Wow it’s a good routine. Lillia appeared taller than I imagined until I looked at her feet, I swear she was wearing SIX-inch heels! Dom looked at slim and lean and as fit as a butcher’s dog. Go go guys, you get my vote.1

3 comments:

rach said...

Oh my goodness! You should tell dad - he'll be well jealous!

(And to answer your questions from recently...

...no, unfortunately I don't have new rats, that photo was of one of the original ones, Ratatouille

...i do sort of have a new teaching job. I'm at the same school but teaching year 5 in the mornings and Reception and years 1-2 in the afternoons.)

young at heart said...

Acyually on the day they did not get my vote, Dom has an attitude problem and althoug the routine was good but not in time to the music. Quite an important aspect really! They were voted off.

Devon said...

Hi Sharon,

I hope you had a good holiday season. I'm not sure if you have moved or not, thought you were thinking about it.

I'm doing pretty well. Just the endless debate about staying as a fulltime mom or getting a part time job. It is just hard working around the families schedule.

Take care and keep in touch!