Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bit of this and that

I have discovered the pleasures of face book! Oh what a time waster it’s going to be, but what fun! I am keeping in touch with people that I don’t see for months on end, including youngest son.

I did actually see both son’s last night, they very generously took us out for dinner last night to say thanks for getting them out of a tight last minute finance difficulty in the house buying stakes last week. We were treated to a meal at Le Petite Blanc in Birmingham, it was a real treat. Yummy food in beautiful surroundings. Rob is a bit of a foodie and knows all the best restaurants in the city and the best deals to go for. Petite Blanc does a really good value fixed price deal to catch the early theatre audiences so you get great food for a great price, just need to eat early, which suits us. Although looking at the al a Carte menu we must indeed go back and eat from that, once we have saved a few pennies!

I am embarking on an Open University Course next week, which is very scary. I have received all the information now and am poised to be contacted by my tutor and get going. It is an ‘openings’ course to help me get back into study as to be honest it’s been a long time! I am looking forward to the challenge but nervous that I may fail, although I tend not to do failure, if I decide to do something I usually carry it through but it’s usually physical stuff like jumping from the top of tall buildings clinging bravely to a bit of rope, or galloping around on mad horses. For instance I was told by some one in the Gym that I would be pushing it to row 1800 metres in 10 minutes at my age, at my age? How old does he think I am? I know I don’t look great in the gym, no make-up, frizzy hair, sweaty, not a pretty sight I agree but…. I did 1811 today! I aim to get to 2000 in 10 minutes by Christmas. Watch this space Rob! (Gym Rob, not Son Rob)

1 comment:

Devon said...

Yea, good for you going back to school! What type of studies are you interested in? I love the whole school environment... have fun, I'm sure you will succeed. My sister is 45 years old and just finishing her RN training. She graduates in December!

When I finally get to England in the next 15 years or so, I'll have to ask your Rob where to go to eat. Sounds like I should start saving for it now though!