Thursday, October 04, 2007

A bit of a Grilling

Wednesdays is a day when I don't need to leave quite so early to get to work as I go to Nursery and I don't need to be their until 9.30. So do I linger over a nice cup of coffe and watch a bit of morning TV?, or do I have a long leisurely bath and read a book? Do I heck... I turn into whirlwind woman, as do most of the sisterhood who work full time and every spare minute counts.

This wednesday, I showered and dressed, cleaned the sinks and loos (of which we have three, why, when their is only two of us I don't know) made the beds, changed the towels in the bathrooms, put the towels in the machine to wash. Kitchen floor is decididly grubby so vac lounge, kitchen and conservatory. Wash kitchen floor, find some stale fruit bread when taking some bread out to make a sandwich for lubch, so switch grill on to toast stale fruit bread. Make lunch, get out meat from freezer for dinner tonight. Take dog for walk.

Enjoying a walk in the autumn sunshine when suddenly realise I had put the grill on!! Oh my God! will their be just a pile of ashes left instead of house and two peices of fruit toast. Bemused dog is them jogged home as fast as a woman not wearing a sports bra can jog.

Phew! House still standing, throw open all doors and windows to get rid of burning smell, wave a cushion at smoke alarm to stop it alarming the cats and dogs of all the street. Eat cereal for breakfast. Go to Nursery and Chloe asks 'why is your hair shaggy today, Sharon' Why indeed!

1 comment:

Devon said...

Wow... you are a multi-tasking maniac!!! I bow down to your Goddessness!