Thursday, November 23, 2006

Rocking and Riding

Well... we went to our first Ceroc clas last night in Nuneaton. Strangley BJ insisted on driving, I can't think why!

It was the best fun on two legs I have had in a long time, I am going to be hooked on it I think. We hardly danced together at all, as you constantly swap partners, this is a great way to learn. We had to throw Ballroom rules right out of the window along with our Jive moves. Ceroc is an arm led rather than foot led dance, the feet can do anything they like! You can dance to any rythm, you just set the pace and rythm of the dance to the music. Weird, but it works.

After the lesson their was 25 minutes of free style dancing before the next class, people just come up and ask to dance with you, it is considered rude to refuse so off you go having only learned four moves to do your worst!
One guy came and took me onto the floor and told me he was not going to be doing the moves we had learned and just to follow him. Hey! I did and the ballroom training paid off as I am used to a man leading and me following. It was great, I was doing some pretty amazing moves with him and just about keeping up. Not so easy for BJ as of course he could only lead in what he had just learned. However they have 'Taxi' dancers on the floor who are part of the training team and they come around and dance with the begginers so he got a few 'Taxi dances'

After the free style the begginers went into a separate room to recap on our moves for another 25 minutes and then you can go back on the main dance floor.

Total absolute FUN!

Riding

I realised that I had only been riding once since my rodeo audition, I had been keen to tell people I had certainly not lost my nerve but was just too busy. Time, I think to stop kidding oneself! I decided to ring another school and have a chat, they were very sympathetic and understanding and have booked me in to ride a quiet boy called Toffee on Saturday! I totally love being in the saddle, trouble is I am keen to remain in the saddle for the whole ride and not end up on the deck!

Overheard
Shopping in Tesco's, I was in the biscuit aisle pondering whether to buy chocolate covered ginger thins or low sugar, low salt digestives, when two elderly ladies dawdled past.
Coversation went:
"How's it going between you and 'im now?"
"Well, not to bad except he gets all excited when I go in the house and wants to get on top all the time"

My mind was definitely boggled, I do hope she has a dog!

(The chocloate covered ginger thins, by the way!)

3 comments:

rach said...

No stray underwear at this class then?

Devon said...

You are brave to get back up in the saddle. Going to a new school sounds like a grand idea! Good luck tomorrow!

The dancing sounds like so much fun, my hubby will not dance without a gun to his head! I do miss it!

Glad to see you were not nickerless! By the way, was that truant tot ever printed and charged, or just give a nap?

iamahatter9 said...

OK so you were not knickerless thus time dancing, but the old lady in the biscuit aisle may well be!!