Sunday, November 19, 2006

Letting the Side Down,Girls!

Sorry Girls! but I let the side down big time for lady drivers this weekend!
With the mileage I do in a week I consider myself a reasonable driver able to cope with city driving, Motorway miles and country lanes. Nothing much fazes me behind the wheel I just get on with it. However on Saturday I almost brought the whole of
Nuneaton to a grinding halt with a little bit of ‘blonde’ behaviour!

We had decided to check out where the co-op social club in Nuneaton was located as we are going to start a Ceroc dance class next week. (Ceroc is a cross between Jive and Salsa). There is a brand new modern multi storey car park in Nuneaton, which it seems, follows the fashion of having shiny stainless steel sides, great, it looks clean and modern! However with a low bright winter sun beaming down and glinting of the shiny sides is enough to completely blind an unwary driver. As I drove into the unfamiliar entry road the sun duly dazzled me so much that I could see nothing! I then spotted a bit of roadway which I headed towards, only to crash, crunch and bump my way over decorative kerbstones and a narrow pavement straight onto the exit slip and with a car just coming out! The drivers face was a picture! She was confronted with a mad middle aged woman heading up the wrong way of the car park exit road, with an even madder middle aged man in the seat beside her remonstrating strongly and wishing he was anywhere on earth than beside his wife on an unexpected roller coaster ride. I then had to try and reverse the car back the way I had come over the pavement and decorative kerb edgings watched by an army of bemused shoppers and irate car drivers who where waiting to either get in or out of the car park!

Not my finest moment!

2 comments:

iamahatter9 said...

I am back blogging!! Gonna post a blog on the Ashes series between Australia and England up until January on www.whingeaway.blogspot.com

much love.

Your Son.
x

rach said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I can just imagine it!!

Glad you both survived... in one piece?

I hope you're both feeling fit. By all acounts, Ceroc is pretty knackering. Not that I've tried it myself! Looking forward to the blog reports after your first class.