Monday, November 20, 2006

The Cat is back.

No... not one of my four footed friends but he who now calls himself Yoosef Islam, in my youth he was Cat Stevens a great sixties folk singer. In fact it was his version of 'Morning has Broken' that inspired me to have the hymn version at our wedding. Well he disappeared from the pop scene when he converted to Islam, gone but not quite forgotten!

He is back with a great new single and album, (it's on my chrissy list, folks) He does a wonderful cover of 'Don't Let me be Mis-understood' so very appropriate. I heard an interview with the great man on Sunday, what a sensible, grounded level headed man he is. A great asset for the Muslim community, they need more folk like him to be a spokesman for the true non radical side of their community.

No comments: