Friday, October 20, 2006

News of the Week... Mummy Cut my Toenails!

I spent the week training people here there and every-where this week. Down to the West Country for two days which was great fun. I had to be in a little village outside Weston Super Mare for 9.30 Monday morning, so it was another silly o'clock alarm call to get and drive down. I arrived before the girls who actually live in the village that I was there to train! First to arrive was the brand new Franchisee with her shiny new trailer full of shiny new equipment. We had to unload this into the little village hall which was down a pedestrian walkway (no room to reverse a car) We unhitched the trailer and tried to steer the thing down the alley. Now I don't have any experience in trailers and nor did the franchisee! We pushed it, pulled it almost lifted it up and carried it before we could it get it around the corner. Eventually we got it where we wanted it, just as another member of staff turned up, one who is an experienced caravanner. She wound the jockey wheel to lift up two of the four wheels and hey presto you could turn the thing on a sixpence. It is so true that you learn somthing new everyday! If you need a trailer moving I'm your girl!

Wednesday was my Nursery day and as usual it was a delight. The children have a few minutes telling me any special news they have, and it can vary from telling me where they have been on holiday to who has been round to play at their house. One little girl who has never before taken part in this aspect of the class was eager to speak. She was very excited to tell me that 'Mummy did cut my toenails'!

I had an observer sitting in to watch a child who has behavioural problems within nursery. She is in fact a very delightful child of whom I am very fond but she can be a a little boisterious with the other children. She is very funny though and last week told me I was very bossy! Of course she behaved perfectly in my class, with no problems at all, I felt the nursery staff where a little disapointed as they apologised for her 'good' behaviour to the observer! We did have a very exciting session though as it was 'parachute' week. (The children call it the parrots chute!) No... it does not involve me leaping from a tall building...

It made me consider how on earth can any-one do my kind of job with their face covered. I use facial expression continuously to communicate with my kiddly winks. How silly things have become!

Another story in the news this week is the McCartney divorce. Its all got very nasty and I feel this so called 'leak' was contrived and manipulated. The main person to suffer in this debacle is their little girl, how very sad.
This is very amusing though.

Norwegian Wood

I once had a girl
or, as you know
she's now had me.
She showed me her leg
Isn't it good?
Norwegian Wood.

I know, I know it's my little nasty streak, but Paul was my first love!.. yep I was only 12 but we all had our childhood crushes.

3 comments:

Devon said...

Hello! I loved doing the parachute at a preschool program with my kids when they were little tots! Always the class favorite!

I must say, we have enough celebrity gossip in the USA without needing the UK's, but I have been hearing about the whole McCartney divorce a lot! So sad. Just out of curiosity, what is the divorce rate in England? In California it is about 50%. Yikes! This is so tough on the kids.. as I can attest to. My parents are divorced and now remarried. Holidays are a nightmare!

iamahatter9 said...

What a silly leaked story. Heather Mills just doesn't know when she has shot herself in the foot!! lol

Devon said...

Hi! I haven't heard from you in a while and hope all is well. How is the foster parent process going? I just know you and Barry would have so much to give to the little ones in need! How inspiring you are those around you!

I have started blogging more, finally got the hang of pictures! It is Halloween here, a frightful holiday! Do you celebrate it in the UK?

Have a great week!