Friday, October 06, 2006

The Knicker Story!

It has been requested that I relate my mishap on the dance floor with a pair of errant knickers!

We had recently moved house to Coventry and needed to find a new Ballroom and Latin class so we could continue our much loved hobby of dancing. We soon found ourselves a class and settled in well with a great bunch of people. However it was 'Strictly Ballroon' and no Latin!

A new Latin class was announced as starting the following week, so we and a few other couples decided to go along.

It was great fun we new a few of the couples and met quite a few new people as well.
Jive was the first dance to be taught, well we had a head start as we had done a fair bit in our previous class back in Milton Keynes, the music went on and we were off jiving very fast, spinning and turning and having a great time.
As I turned I noticed an item of clothing on the floor, round I went again, it was still their, people started pointing to the pair of black panties being kicked about the floor.

I had an 'OH MY GOD' moment as I realised they were MINE!

I carried on dancing for a minute after telling Barry that I thought they were mine. He said I should ignore them and deny ownership. I could not as I felt sure their was a big arrow pointing at me saying 'her Knicker's every-one!' and every-one would realise they were mine. The music stopped all eyes were on the panties, people were looking puzzled and wondering where they had come from, what could I do but....

Pick them up and say, 'oop's I think these belong to me, I thought it was a bit draughty in here!' I put them in the hand bag and joined in with the absolute hilarity that ensued, every-one fell about laughing, probably relieved that they belonged to some-else. What an ice-breaker, we got to know every one in the class and hence forth from that day forward I was know as Nicholas (Knicker-less) in the dance class.

I would like to add that my modesty was still intact despite the wayward underwear. They were a pair I had been wearing the night before with the same black trousers I was dancing in. When I had taken the trousers off the night before I had inadvertantly left the pants up the leg and with all the spinning and turning of the Jive, danced them right out.

The moral being always check your trousers for odd socks and horror of horrors lost Knickers.

1 comment:

Devon said...

What an absolutely great story!!! Since you had pants on people must have wondered exactly how fast you were spinning!
I applaude your honesty! Well, I'm sitting here in my robe, kids off to school, laundry going, thinking about a second cup of tea. Hope your day was good as mine is just getting started!
Denise