Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Whistle Stop Tour of London

Went to London to visit a Franchisee today, I could of flown to Italy and back in the time it took me to get there!
What is that stretch of M4 bus lane all about? The busiest stretch of motorway into our esteemed Capital City down to two lanes of crawling traffic (one hour to travel 6 miles) while either side of me was empty hard shoulder and empty bus lane, total madness. The M42 around Birmingham allows the hard shoulder to be used during rush hour very successfully, take a lesson in traffic management Mr Livingstone. I then missed a right feeder lane onto the south circular and got caught in a one way system around central London. I saw many iconic landmarks that I did not wish to be seeing, I crossed the river more than once and then managed to scrape down the side of some-ones car in a narrow street, a madman was heading staight at me doing stupid miles an hour. I pulled over to avoid a collision but managed to bang into a parked car instead. Blast!!! Luckily it was the company's car and not mine this time.
Coming home I only went over the river once, at Kew, enjoyed the delights of The Hanger lane Gyratory system, totally in the wrong lane all the way, but I was gun ho by then.
I felt as if I had done one of those whistle stop tours by the time I got home.

I saw; Tate Modern, Battersea bridge, Kew bridge, Olympia, Hammersmith Palace, Earls Court Road, Wimbledon Common (no Wombles, or tennis players) All because the Lady missed the A3.

No comments: