Friday, June 08, 2007

Magical Mystery Tour and Oriental Mental Canine!

I am in the midst of organising a ‘Magical Mystery Tour’ for Robin’s Birthday! He has always wanted to do the ‘Beatles’ thing in Liverpool but never got around to it.

So we are taking ‘The long and Winding Road’ to spend his birthday weekend immersing ourselves in sixties memorabilia for me and BJ, history for Rob and Simon!
I have told him that I am doing it because, ‘She loves you’, we had some problems trying to get Hotels booked but Barry said it was Ok ‘We can work it out’ that was fine but I want to go this year not ‘when I’m Sixty Four! All is well now everything’s ‘Getting Better’. I have told Rob he has to be on his best behaviour, as I don’t want a ‘Revolution’ in the wine bar, or I will be talking about ‘That Boy’ for days!

So Rob, here is a present from ‘Me to you’, ‘A Day in the Life’ when the Owen clan will ‘Come Together’ so ‘Let It be’ a wonderful weekend.


Oriental Mental Canine

Simon and his on off girl friend Grace came over for Sunday lunch, along with Chai Chai, Graces cheeky little Shih Tzu. I am hoping that the relationship is back on for a while, as I adore Grace, she is funny, charming and beautiful. We have to wait and see on that one! Grace is Hong Kong/ Chinese and is rather homesick and keeps wondering about moving back to be near her mother. Can’t blame a girl for that!

Chai Chai is a canny little dog and has Grace wrapped around his little paw. He rules the roost and can be rather naughty. He got into a bad mood and tried to bite Barry when he bent down to stroke him, he then proceeded to growl and snap at all comers. Not in My Back Yard! I went down to his level and spoke firmly to him and stroked him, he still grumbled for a while but did not bite me, he eventually stopped growling and my point was made.
When we went out for a walk he walked at my heels all the time signalling he accepted me as leader of this pack! Grace was amazed and has asked for some tips, I don’t think she will carry them out though as the little dog is a bit of a child substitute I think.

I thought I was having an errant knicker incident again in the garden. I heard Grace saying ‘No Chai Chai, no eata pants’ phew! It was Ok, only the ever-errant L from Grace’s vocabulary; the dog was eating a plant!

1 comment:

Devon said...

Very clever in your Beatle reference! Sounds like a lot of fun...especially to be with your family!

I wish I had your dog charming skills. My neighbors are away this weekend and I have go over and feed their pets. One of the dogs is the yellow lab version of a tasmanian devil!!! Wish me luck!