Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Ballet Funny Situation

Thinking about ballet, as I have been. I remember a funny situation when I was doing my Gymnastic coaching training many years ago. I was training to coach boy’s gymnastics and part of it was a class to teach us some basic ballet moves to help with grace and form in floor routines. We all duly turned up on the appointed day to find a class of burly men and just us two girls. Well it was the funniest things to see all these chaps in trainers trying to get to grips with demi plies and full plies, arabesques and pirouettes. We stood at the back and tried, really we did to keep a straight face, but tears of mirth rolled down our face and we were nearly expelled from ballet class! Think Morecambe and Wise in tutu’s and you will get the picture!

My son Rob was the most graceful and balletic Gymnast in the region, he easily could of taken up dance if he had the inclination. …And no men dancers are not poncy they are the fittest chaps you will find with finely honed torso’s and strong muscles… and usually very easy on the eye girls, phew better take a cold shower… Byeeee

1 comment:

Devon said...

What were these men expecting to learn in the class.... did they loose the trainers and go bare foot?

I would have loved to be in the back of the class, what a riot!