Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Wheels of Life

I have spent many hours driving this week, in fact my wheels have turned themselves around 864 company miles. I have been north to Brighouse, east to Norwich, middle to London (oh, how I love those London drivers, so completely devoid of manners and road courtesy!). I have been to Stratford on Avon twice to see my adorable nursery children, Nearly forgot, Mansfield as well, so probably nearer 1000 miles.

Funny how the mind wanders though, on long journeys. I was on the M25 and passed a lorry exclaiming on it's side 'Slag cement,' Well, I thought I would'nt want that in my garden, what if the patio started to get it on with the footpath, or got flirty with the paving slabs, oh no, not for me that 'slag cement'. I definitely want a more refined cement suitable for partaking afternoon tea on,the sort you could sit on with little finger raised as you drunk the earl grey and ate cucumber sandwiches, a kind of cement that would comment 'have you seen what that stone statue is wearing over their in the rose bed? scandulous!'

It then got me thinking about other amusing notices, I love 'Beware Door Alarmed'. Don't you just want to either creep up and shout BOO, in order to alarm it even more, or creep past saying Shhh... to every-one else around, 'the door is feeling scared, so be quiet' As for the 'Lift' sign, no don't go their!

Garden
We gave up our allotment last year as we did not have enough spare time to deal with that and our garden. I am missing it now! My urge to grow stuff is deep rooted (ha ha). On my top decking I have in pots, Potatoes, beans, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, chilli, beetroot, and lettuce. In a really dinky pot with little feet and a smiley face I have planted rocket, yes folks 'rocket man' is alive and well and in my garden.
We have revamped the garden somewhat, redisigning flower beds, digging new ones and BJ has built a fabulous sun deck which the pets just love! Any sunny day will find, Saffy the giant cat, Chloe the ancient cat and Ta-shi the doggly stretched out sunning themselves, what a lovely life!

Our 34th (oh my God) wedding anniversary is coming up and I have arranged a fun day out for me and hubby, I am soooo.... looking forward to it. Can't tell you what it is yet in case BJ reads this. My colleagues in the office think I don't like him very much if I am prepared to send him out to do this, but I am sure he will love it. I know I will, just hope be get good weather!

Mum update

Poor Mum is not doing very well at all, she is wasting away before our very eyes and is totally housebound. She is seeing the consultant this Friday, maybe he will help her with new medication. She just does not look like my Mum any more just a shadow of her former self. However the sense of humour and sharp wit is still thankfully still in situe!

No comments: