Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Scarey Cat, and other anecdotes

While cooking dinner tonight, dog was in the garden. I heard him 'woof' to come back in right in the middle of my stir frying. I knew the conservatory door was open so ignored his pleas to 'please let me in'. Finally I went to investigate and found him looking in the window and pleading to be let in that way, immpossiible! it's just a sheet of glass. I went to the door and called him, he came as far as the door but refused to come up the step looking very tentative at it. I couldn't make it out, how strange! I encouraged him in, but he would come forward and then back away. I was seriously puzzled by now and went out to investigate why the step was so scary. The funniest thing was that my usually bold, cocky little monster was afraid of a torn label from a catfood tin with a tiny disembodied picture of a cats face. Barry and I could not stop laughing at the ridiculousness of it. Dog was most put out and looked as if we sould know that maybe under the step the strange cat was hiding a monster of a body waiting to pounce!

I was sad to read that the famous retired flat race jockey, Lester Piggot is recovering in hospital after a serious heart attack, thought it a bit amusing that the headline was 'Piggot now in stable condition'!

At Leaps and Bounds today I got the kids really puffed out and hot by doing the song 'Jumping Jack' and as the title suggests it is a lot of star jumps for the whole song (always remember to spend a penny first, before undertaking this song girls.) At the end one very red little girl announced 'phew, I think I will go pop any minute' I knew just how she felt, bless her!

No comments: