Sunday, January 22, 2006

Whale Meet again!

What a strange week we had! A whale in the centre of London! Never before has that happened. It was fascinating to see one of these truly majestic and mysterious creatures of the deep in the midst of our modern fast moving Capital City. But very sad! The creature was doomed from the start, I rightly guessed this chap was going to die, one way or another no happy outcome was about to happen. How I would of loved to be proved wrong, but these creatures seek shallow waters if they are sick or dying, and my guess is this is what happened to this guy. Sadly real life ain't the movies and despite truly heroic efforts of rescue this Willy was not to be free. But maybe he is! Irony won the day when he demised at 'Gravesend'. A little tear was shed in this household as I am the worlds biggest softie where animals and children are concerned.

I visited Lancaster TT this week, to see how they are doing. It was great fun to see they were running so very well and what nice folks they are up there. I had a great game of 'snap' with a little boy who was watching his younger brother participate in a class. He was great fun and told me at least a dozen times it was his daddies birthday today! I asked if he had given Daddy a present, and he had. 'It is a special book' he told me ' but I don't think it is very special 'cos its only got words in it, no pictures'.

The only fly on the ointment is that my boss seems permanently in a bad mood at the moment. She gets very stressed and takes it out on the nearest person which was me last week! Its like working for a truculent teenager at times, however I cannot 'ground' this one.
It also appears that part of my new role (starting 1st March) is looking after the East of England Franchises, now this puts a different perspective on whether we move nearer the office! I am nicely situated for easy access to the A14 and M11 where we are, the main routes to the East. So now we don't know what to do. Maybe get a better car!

The weekend was good! got over my crossness at Barry being away all the time. I decided to arrange an outing for this weekend which was a trip to Stratford on Avon and actually visit the Shakespeare Birthplace Museum. I can recommend it as an interesting way to spend a couple of hours along with lunch in our favorite Italian restaurant a very convivial way to spend a Sunday! BJ thought he was back in Italy and spent the lunch speaking Italian to the Waiters. This was Ok except I suspected our waiter was probably Rumanian but after a glass of red wine it did not seem to matter a jot!

No comments: