Sunday, January 29, 2006

Acting your Knicker size!

Definition of loneliness:- That little empty space deep in the heart of you that you don't even realize you have, until the person you miss comes back and gives you a big hug. Suddenly you are whole and full with no empty bits.

I guess I felt like this as I am having a tough time at work at the moment. Its made worse when you get home to am empty house and no-one but the dog to share your bad day with.

However the good news is, Barry is now home for a few weeks as he has some nodding dogs to design software for (Robots to you and me). It will take about 3 weeks to complete with the odd few days up in scouse land now and again.

Work has not been all bad, just the manic boss who is hating the re structuring of the Company and because I will not agree with her is hardly speaking to me or any one else in the office who disagrees with her. I truly think we should all give the new ideas a fair trial and I think they are basically sound and sensible and will with a little tweaking work well.

It has been an amusing week on the children front. I was at my Leaps and Bounds class and trying to engage one little boy in conversation during the 'news' time. He had been away for 3 weeks on a visit to Australia, but it seemed the most exciting bit of the trip was getting off the aeroplane back here and catching a bus to go and find the car! Nothing would entice him to tell me anything else at all about the trip.
During the same day but with the younger class, I had the parachute out and we were all having a wonderful time lots of laughing and shrieks of delight (and that was just me!) . I was suddenly aware that water was dripping on me every time the parachute went up in the air. The excitement had become to much for one little girl and she had spectalularly wet herself and was sitting in a large puddle in which the edge of the parachute was dipping into! So dear neighbor's that is why I am drying a parachute on my washing line today!

One of my colleagues has her 7 year old Granddaughter living with her and she told Nanny she had a 'secret' to tell her! It transpired that they were going to have a wedding in the playground the next day. Matthew Perry was to 'marry' Gemma Bennett and Jake was going to be the Vicar and Jess (the granddaughter was to be a bridesmaid! My colleague made all the right comments on how lovely and exciting it all was and said she could not wait to hear all about it when Jess came home the next day.

After school the next day Jess was asked how the Wedding went, the reply came "Oh it was to cold so we played chase instead"
Now why did I not think of that one!

Barry and I went to Milton Keynes on Saturday as I had a need to visit John Lewis! While there we went to see a new activity set up in the snowdome called Airkix! It is truly amazing, you dress up in skydiving gear and go into an amazing wind funnel and 'fly'. It truly looks the BEST fun, there is a viewing area, we sat for ages watching it. We are going to give it a go ourselves, but I have decided to make it a family affair and get the boys involved (and any-one else who wants to join us) Go to www.airkix.co.uk to see what it is all about.

We have also decided to take ski lessons, and I am about to book the first one at Tamworth ski dome. OK just 'cos I am 50 plus one doesn't mean I have to behave like it! I am acting my knicker size and no I am not telling you what that is, suffice to say its not 10!

1 comment:

iamahatter9 said...

Airkix looks good fun I have to say. I'm well up 4 it.