Saturday, January 07, 2006

Dog Day

After a really mad few days at work (meeting an important deadline, to submit our L&B for programme to Kite Marking ) why is it human nature to leave so much to the last minute. At one time I had three documents open on the computer and was trying to work on them all in between being called to help out my boss sort out the appendix' (23 of them) and make sure they were all full of the correct info.

Anyway a planned meet up with Rob that evening was called off as he was feeling poorly, lots of nasty bugs doing the rounds at the moment. So I called into Tesco's to get some cooked chicken and salad fro tea. While in there I saw one of those big exercise Gym balls in the sale for £3.47 including pump! Wow bargain! , I will have one of those, I thought , my core stability could do with some work!

I arrived home to find a snowstorm had happened in my lounge and kitchen! I had left the larder slightly ajar, this cupboard is known as 'The Dinner cupboard' by the dog and two cats as all the pet food is kept in it.
However also residing in the larder was a box of porridge oats! Ta-shi obviously decided it must be dog food and had pulled it out. He had chewed a hole in the box to get at the contents and cheerfully dragged it into the lounge leaving a trail of oats as he went. He then decided to eat part of the box depositing even more porridge around the room. I thought I had ventured into Narnia! I scolded him, and told him its was 'My breakfast, not his' he gave me a lookof disgustt as if to say 'your welcome, I truly think the box tastes better, I'll stick to my bonio's thank you.'

After eating my chicken and salad I decided to blow up my new acquisition. Ta-shi sat and watched quizzically, and then when he realized I had bought 'The Biggest Ball in the World' got very excited! I watched for five minutes as he had a mad game of football with it and then decided to do the exercises on the leaflet.

Have you ever seen a dog laugh?

He sat and watched as I rolled off one side, then the other, tried to balance and lift one leg up in the air, oops off again. Tried the sit ups, a bit better until my feet slipped on the carpet and I came off with a bump! OK the press ups might be easier, 'grasp the ball and push up from it' said the instructions, but the ball won't stay blooming still enough to push up from! One or twoexercisess were achievable and maybe the others will after practice.

Ta-shi loved the evenings entertainment and watched with upturned lips, his doggy version of a smile.

No comments: