Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Highs and Lows

Ok enough is enough, I have had quite enough of BJ being away working and only getting home every other weekend. To top it all a whole load of redundancies have been announced again, and we have to play the will it be him, or will it not be him game again. To be honest we don't really care if it is him as we have a plan! As my old Mum will say 'Time will tell'.

I thought I had got the hang of the big ball exercise thingy ma jig, I practiced every evening until I could stay on board and not roll off the darn thing. All was well until Thursday evening and I tried to do the sit ups on it. The problem being I did not realize just how sore my tummy muscles (yes! I do actually have some) were until I tried the sit up. Well I rolled sideways at the shock of the pain, straight onto the brass fender of our 'living flame' gas fire, which thankfully was not 'living' at that particular time. I truly thought I had broken my arm, drama queen that I am and sat nursing the poor bruised limb wondering how I was going to explain THAT at casualty! All was well after a minute ot two just a small bruise on the arm and an enormous one on my leg where it hit the fireplace kirb, and one bruised ego!

I struck gold one day this week when some-one truly thought I was in my late thirties or early forties, after I had put her down after kissing and hugging her!. She could not believe I had a Son who would turn Thirty-one in a few weeks, I love her! Mind you I was having one of those rare good hair and make up days!

BJ came home for the once a fortnight visit, we were not really cooking on gas as I was feeling a little fed up with him for being away so much, although I know he has to do it. I do not have to like it though do I. He says he will try and get home every weekend now the worst of the job is over.
We did have a very convivial evening out with the two boys, we went to The Boot at Lapworth and can highly recommend the food at this traditional English Country pub. The restaurant is in a reclaimed old barn and has a marvelous atmosphere, good food and friendly attentive staff.
The food is the best we have had out in a restaurant since moving to Coventry. This City maybe famous for many things but cuisine is certainly not one of them.

It was great to spend some time with the boys,as we had not seen the Rob since Christmas as he is such a busy boy at work. He gave me the cutest wine coloured suede handbag as a belated birthday pressie. He has such good taste for a man! Thanks Son!

I think the boys enjoyed the food, although they had waitress problems, in so much as they could not peel the eyes of one of them. Ok, she was very slim, very blonde, very tall and very Swedish, yep, drop dead gorgeous in fact. I had to pick there chins up off the floor several times.
Not sure if I should let BJ go back there to work if that's the caliber of the female folk.

One really exciting thing we did was to book our holiday. Surprise, surprise we are not going to our beloved Italy! In fact totally different as we are renting a log cabin on the shores of Loch Ness! We were going to hire a boat for the week and float on the Loch but I decided I would not mind seeing Nessie from a distance but did not really want to look him in the eye if he was to pop up in front of the boat. Actually we felt as inexperienced boaters Loch Ness is a bit vast to learn on. I am very excited as the area looks phenomenal, lots of walks, bike rides and slobbing out as well.

Definitely need to replace my beloved old walking boots before we go though. I have been putting off the evil day as I love those boots. They must be 18 to 20 years old as I had them when Ben was a young dog. Me, the boots and Ben trudged many a happy mile together. They have walked me up Snowden Three times, over dales and streams in Derbyshire, tramped heaths. Moors and woodland in The New Forest, they fit like a soft suede glove but sadly leak like a rusty bucket now, despite re-proofing them every year. The seams have given up the ghost sadly.

No comments: