Friday, September 08, 2006

The Con of Macdonalds Healthy Eating.

I went shopping yesterday in a nearby out of town complex to get last minute goodies for our holiday. I was having a great time and bagging a fair few bargains, when I decided that all this retail therapy makes a girl hungry. Ah ha a brand new food court had been built, so I headed into the sparkly new complex to see what was on offer.
Sadly it was burgers, pizza or deep fried chicken! I searched for the healthy option (having recently lost eight whole pounds! and hoping to lose at least the same amount again) I really tried. I decided that the only thing I could do was have a McDonalds Chicken sandwich and an orange juice. The server asked if I wanted it as a meal deal, no I did'nt I told her, as it came with chips this way. I was duly told that to have it as two items it would cost more than having it with the fries. Confused I asked for the meal deal without the chips, but no that could not be done. I know I could of left the chips but I just new if they were in front of me I would of been tempted so I told them I had changed my mind and was about to walk away when the girl remonstrated that she had already ordered the chicken sandwich from the kitchen and they were made to order. I politely told her if she could not deliver what the customer had requested then it was tough.

So Macdonalds you are not really trying to give us healthy options at all, not when we are asked to pay more for less!

I went to M&S and grabbed an organic egg sarnie, some mango slices and a fruit juice for £3.20 and sat outside in the sunshine and enjoyed my CHEAP healthy lunch.

2 comments:

Gavin and Emma Owen said...

Last time we popped into the golden farces the customer next to us had ordered a meal and asked for a tray to carry it on. The girl serving her refused to give her a tray as she could carry it in the bag she had been given in one hand and her drink in the other. Trays were for people with more food. An argument between the two of them kicked off with our server then joining in to side with the customer against her fellow employee. "You have to give the customer what they want".

Now we, being two people had ordered enough food to qualify for a tray but due to the fight between Ronald MacDonald's henchmen we had to wait ages for it whilst they argued it over.

The other customer could have had our tray we waited so long.

That'll be why we don't eat in McD's very often.

Devon said...

I despise the popularity McDonalds.. there is so much obesity in America and this type of food is responsible for much of it. When my kids were very young I told them it was really gross and unhealthy. Now their friends parents are so impressed that my kids say they hate fast food!

Good for you on your egg and mango!! Also for your 8 pounds!