Monday, September 11, 2006

Italy are you ready for us?

We are of on our hols later this week, it seems a long time coming but at last the day is almost here. We are going to Pescasseroli in Italy, it is in the Abruzzo National park so we hope to do lots of walking, eating and as the Hotel brochure bizzarely suggests 'Wild watching' so we thought we would do a bit of that as well.

The area is one of the only area's in Italy where Wolf and Bear still live so I really hope to see one, but I guess we won't. I adore Wolves and love the hierarchy they have within the pack.

I have been trying to learn some Italian for the holiday as I don't think English will be widely spoken in this area. I think trying to use it will result in some hilarious situations but I am looking forward to giving it a go and probably getting it very wrong. I have learned lots of ways of saying very good, wonderful and excellent so I am sure that will get me by. I can say that I have booked a room, I can ask for a table on the terrace, and ask where the lift is, and bizzarely, I can tell you that the hotel dates back to the 13th century (which it does'nt!).

All in all I shall have great fun with the langauge as the Italians have a great sense of humour and the Italian men love to flirt with us girls.

So....

Ciao, e a piu tardi (Goodbye and see you later)

1 comment:

Devon said...

don't forget...'more vino, graci!'

Have a wonderful trip!!