Monday, August 28, 2006

I Might Be a Rich Now.....



But I accidently shredded my Lottery ticket! Oh well never mind, please no-one tell me the numbers.

We took a trip to the very fine city of Liverpool yesterday, Barry worked for almost a year in Halewood but never got the time or inclination without me to visit the splendours the place has to offer!

I took him on a tour of The Beatles Story, he was, as I expected blown away by it. It is an excellent place to visit if you love Beatles music. It is also a bit of an emotional roller coaster at times, particularly the last two rooms!
I took some illicit photo's whilst in there. Not really allowed but the japenese tourists were conveiniently ignoring the no photography signs so I thought if they are doing it why not me. I can always pretend to be Hungarian (I am 1/4 anyway!) and do not understand the signs.

We then wandered about Albert Dock and even bought our very first Christmas present for my candle crazy Sister.

We found a wonderful Jazz Cafe Bar for lunch called Ha ha's. Wow! great coctails girls! How decadent to be sipping a Sorrento Appeltini on a Sunday Lunch time. I was mesmerised by the fabulous lights on the ceiling, very modern chandeliers, beautiful, or was it the effect of my coctail?

Afterwards we discoverd a bit of a 'gig' going on and listened for a bit to the very loud 'Lightening Seeds', we wished Rob had of been with us as it was such a happeining day!

On Albert Dock they have part of The Tate Modern gallery, Free entry so it seemed rude not to go look and see what it had to offer. I wanted to go and see the Henry Moore sculptures and was not in the least disapointed. I had to keep my fists firmly clenched as it was all I could do not to stroke the wonderful smooth lines of his 'bodyform' works, fab! Also we looked at an exhibition by Joseph Rauchenberg which was truly fascinating. I love to see something a bit different and this certainly fitted the criteria. One exhibit called 'Condition of Woman' was a glass case on a pedestal filled with what looked like the contents of the bathroom bin, on reading the description it was INDEED the contents of his wifes bathroom bin complete with empty Tampax box from 1960. How very strange. I was delighted to see some Degas scultures, I did not even know he had done any. They like many of his paintings were of dancers in poses of getting ready for dance.

All in all a most excellent day, definitely need a weekend up their to do it justice.
Now we are broadband I can post my illicit pictures as well (No not that sort of illicit pictures!!!!)

1 comment:

Devon said...

What a fun trip!! I love that you snuck in the contraband photos. A friend of mine (our son's have been friends for 4 years) just spilled the beans that her dad is Spencer Davis the musician and will be coming to our little town next month. It will be fun to meet him, although I must confess I had not heard of him. My husband loves music like your Rob, and he couldn't believe I had never heard of Spencer.
A few years ago I had a long conversation in a San Francisco book store with Paul Simon. My girlfriends were going nuts watching. I had no clue who the guy was... very nice though! I can be very clueless with pop culture and music icons...I don't mind that at all!
I am inspired by your photos and must figure this out soon!!!
Cheers!