Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bad Dog

Barry has taken drastic action to avoid tonights dance class! he has gone to France where I can't reach his toes. The dance class has been cancelled due to the heavy snow anyway so he need not of gone, he he. (he is working really, or so he tells me)

Last night I had a rude awakening about midnight when I was woken from my slumber by a loud noise from the kitchen. Burglars? Don't be daft the dog would of barked, would'nt he...

I crept downstairs and investigated the kitchen, Ta-shi was sitting in his bed with an expression of innocence on his face. However the evidence led me to his crime. He had pulled open a cupboard and managed to pull the deep fat fryer out emptying the oil out onto the floor. A trail of oily footprints led to Ta-shi's bed! What a bad dog. So at midnight I was trying to mop up oil with old towels and washing the floor. Not a happy bunny.

Then at 6.30 am my phone rang scaring me half to death, with Mum being so poorly. It was a cheerful Barry wishing me 'Good Morning' I grumpily remimded him that French time was an hour ahead of us here. Oops! I tried to go back to bed for a while as I was not working today. Only ta-shi started frantically barking in the 'Come quick there is a monster in the garden' way. I came downstairs to see what kind of monster we had lurking outside (its usually a neighbours cat) It was the large bush in the corner which was covered in snow making it look like a giant white man in the corner of the garden. I let him out to see to the 'monster' and he discovered the wonders of the snow and started dashing around in it like a bonkers dog, he loved it. Every time I called him indoors, he shouted to go out again, a bit like having a small child around again.

We later went for an exciting walk in it taking the little girls from nextdoor with us as their school was closed. So... I played snowballs, helped in a snowman project and acted my shoe size, what fun.

Mum update: Doctor has doubled her heart tablets as symptoms worsened over the last few days, my Sis say's she is looking a little better, more colour and breathing easier. I spoke to Mum on the phone who was very sad and told me she thinks she is going to die. What could I say to her? I tried to say that I am sure she will be fine and the Doctors will know how to treat her when the various test results are through. Was that the right thing to say, I don't know. Maybe she wanted to talk about the possibility of her life coming to a close, but it was not something I could discuss with her. She was very amused to hear of Ta-shi's antics though and had a chuckle at his naughtiness.

PS. The last blog re bike ride should of had two pics attached but it did not happen, don't know what I did wrong.

1 comment:

Devon said...

Ta-shi sounds like a great dog!! So fun to have the antics of a pet around, but cleaning up their messes at all hours is not good!

I like your new blog template, as you can tell. We must have similar tastes as this is what I switched to last month!!

Hope all is well and your mum is better. I am a nurse and have worked with hospice patients a lot. One thing that I have learned that might help is to encourage her to give her opinions, concerns, or fears about her own mortality. Do this without expressing your own fears, disappointments or judgements. This can help her to say what she needs to without the stress of you having to have the answers or solutions.

Good luck, this is hard but can be so healing for everyone.