Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's Begining to Look a Bit Like Christmas

We were having a meal at Nando's just before going to Coventry Cathedral for a magnigicent Christmas Concert. A little girl sat on the next table to us, she was only two and very adorable. She was immpecably behaved for the whole meal. Barry went to the bar to get a my most favourite Lemon crunch pudding and the little girl decided she would much rather sit in Barry's seat than her own! She pointed to me and said 'She like Nanny'! her mother was mortified and apologized and assured me her Mother was very young looking. I just laughed and said it was the nicest thing any-one had said to me all day. We got into a long conversation about toddlers and tantrams etc. (her husband had gone to the bar as well) and we were almost like old friends by the time the menfolk came back. The parents of the little girl were off to show her the christmas trees and lights in the town centre and I told the Mum we were going to a Christmas Concert, we wished each other a lovely evening and went on our separate ways. The Muslim family and the Christian couple reconciled by a little girl and Christmas!

We had thought we would go to the cinema to see 'The Nativity' I had seen the producer interviewed and thought it would be great to see some of the percieved background of the age old story. It was impossible however as it was showing at only one cinema at 11am! Oh well I will have to read the book then!

Instead we went to Coventry Cathedral (What an awful building it is, like an aircraft hanger with the accoustics to match) for the afore mentioned concert. It was fabulous, choirs, bands, children, Kay Alexanda, Kay who.... She is a 'Midlands Today' presenter. The choirs were all winners or runners up of 'School choir of the year' competitions. What a lot of real musical talent there is out there. The one regret in my life is that I have no musical talent at all, not one iota, but I recognise good music and enjoy it greatly. If they did a programme 'Can't sing, won't sing' I would win it hands down. If I sing at all it is in the car on my own so as not to inflict the pain on any one else's eardrums.

However after a glass of champagne I can whistle and hum at the same time Happy Birthday, just ask my boy's....

1 comment:

Devon said...

Gosh, it must be the 'Miss Marple Syndrom'...I thought the Coventry Cathedral must be made of old stones in a misty field near the old family home of Lord Byron!

Airplane hanger, you just crushed all my Jane Austin visions of England!!!

And you thought you were daft!!!