Wednesday, April 11, 2007

End of Story for One.

I am sure Like me, a lot of people were delighted at the release of the British Navy personel from Iran last week. Glad that a young Mother was to be re-united with her young child, and all the sons given back to Mothers and Fathers returned to families.

The story then becomes very marred by the 'sell your story to the highest bidder' debacle. I made a point of not buying any paper with a 'sold' story or watch any documentary with any paid for footage. I did watch the news to make my informed decisions on the situation, but that was as far as I was prepared to go.

The very day of their release back into the arms of their very grateful families (Payment enough!) I was in the small town where I work at lunchtime, the main road had been closed an ITV newscrew were in attendance, the towns inhabitants stopped for a few very sad sombre minutes as the coffin of one of its Sons was carried through the sunlit spring flowered churchyard to be laid to rest after giving his life in service in Iraq. End of Story!

No comments: