Saturday, March 03, 2007

An Offer I Did Refuse and Children Are So Funny!

I returned to the office fairly late last Thursday after another trip out, this time to Esher in Surrey. I was desperate to catch up on some paperwork. Our marketing Director was in his usual flap, this time regarding an impeding TV advert we are about to film. He needed to drop some Model release forms over at Warwick and came bursting into our office to see if I would be prepared to finish early and drop them off on my way home. What he actually said however was,
'Sharon, how do you fancy an early night?' what could I say? Actually I said 'OK but I'm not a cheap date I'd want dinner first!' He was so embarrassed it was hilarious.

This week while carrying out my physical education session at nursery we were singing the Monkey song to get the 2-3 year old's warmed up. It goes:

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell off and bumped his head
Mummy phoned the doctor
And the doctor said
No more monkeys jumping on the bed.

Well one very bright little boy got to the second verse where Mummy phoned the Doctor and said 'Hello Doctor, the monkeys are jumping on the bed again!' How clever is THAT!

Oh, I dropped the forms off for the cheeky monkey marketing director the next morning.

1 comment:

Devon said...

It is so annoying when someone asks a question knowing that if you answer in the affimative that they can snag you to do their bidding! I've seen this disguised as "Do you have any plans this evening or weekend" if I am not booked entirely, I end up pet sitting or watching someone's little monster child for several hours!

We have the same little nursery song over here. My kids always loved 3 little monkeys!! I loved that clever boy's adaptation!

BTW, if I come to England, I would love to have that 'real' English Tea with you! It sounds wonderful!