Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A series of Unfortunate Events!

We should be languishing on the side of Loch Ness this week. However due to a series of unfortunate events we are not!

It is not the disaster or disappointment it should have been, in fact we are having a very nice week.

On Friday I was frantically rushing around trying to get ready for the mega drive to Scotland the next day. It started going horribly wrong from the start really. The house was in dire need of cleaning, one half of me said, leave the house your not going to be here to see it! My other alter ego was saying, the very house proud neighbour is coming in every day to feed the cats, we don’t want her thinking I am a slutty house wife now do we. So I cleaned the house.

While going about the hoovering, washing and polishing I realised their where lots of patches of fresh blood appearing around the place. It could only be the poor cat Saffy who was recovering from a bad bout of cystitis. I went and searched her out and she was a very sorry cat indeed, looking very poorly. Ok, phone the vet. Yep, they could fit us in at 4.45pm.

So… I now had to visit my own Doctor at 2pm, get some shopping to take away with us. Get dog to the kennels at 4pm and then to the vets at 4.45pm. Just about can do his I thought. Until my car decided to start making a very alarming noise!

Barry called to say he was on his way home from work and was all set for our holiday week. My response is probably not printable! However luckily I am married to the kindest man in the world and he told me to calm down and wait for him to be home and we can sort all this out.

We got the dog to the kennels, except I filled out the paperwork and then walked out the gate still with the dog on the end of the lead. Graham the kennel owner suggested I had forgotten something. I passed the confused and relieved dog over. Ta-shi is the only dog I have ever had who loves the kennels, he greets Graham like a long lost friend which is great for me as I never worry about him being their.

We made the vets appointment, Saffy has a second course of antibiotics and will have to go in for some investigations when she has recovered from this bout of illness. She is a really gorgeous cat and has oodles of character, but I will never have a pedigree cat again. She is only three years old and I must of spent £500 in vet’s fees already.

The car seems to have wheel bearing problems and needs to be fixed ASAP, as I need it for work.

I lost the will to travel and on checking the weather forecast for Scotland it was wall-to-wall rain for at least five days, then gale force winds. So… do we leave here with at least three days fine hot dry weather travel for eight hours to a very wet and windy Scotland? We are still here!

We have been to the Peak district, walked around Ilam Country Park, and then over Dunster hill to Dovedale, from there to Milldale and back again. A walk of 9 miles in glorious countryside and lovely weather.
I have put a deposit down on a new car, the mechanic has adjusted brakes, which was the weird noise, but the bearings are on the way out. Nissan have given me an excellent deal on an 03 Almeira!

Saffy is recovering from her illness and is looking and sounding her usual noisy self.

Oh, we are going to a spa tomorrow for a couple of days, the house is tidy enough for Annette to come in and feed the cat’s, she also does not mind administering the cats pills. I think Saffy maybe more difficult than her usual patients though, she is a district nurse! Although maybe not.

Its still raining in Scotland!

2 comments:

Devon said...

gosh, raining in Scotland sounds pretty good right now. It is supposed to be about 107 degrees today. That is the down side of living in California!!!
I think it would be fun to have a British pen pal! What do you think? My email is: d.michul@comcast.net
Well I'm off for the day!
Cheers!

iamahatter9 said...

Wow I am worn out just by reading all of that!!